How much does it cost for a full service for a Mercedes?

Sometimes the cost of servicing is balanced by the rewards, if i didnt make clear in my earlier post. Mercedes cover most mechanical parts for life if the car has been serviced from new by the dealer, if you have it serviced by a independent you loose that warranty. therefore, if the car throws a driveshaft of blows the head gasket etc (unlikely as its a merc) you will have to pay the cost of parts and labour (expensive) but if the car has been serviced and maintained by the dealer from new, should a problem arise, it shouldnt cost you a bean.

If the Mercedes history is intact its got to be worth sticking with it is as you say.

hi is £150 cover parts and labour ?

Hi everyone, i am very new to this car

i bought second hand E240 W reg 3 weeks ago.

everything was fine until last week, suddenlly while driving the bas esp and abs light was on, when i restart the engine, the light was gone. however, i feel there is some "leather touching" noise at steerting when i turn, apat from that everything was fine

brough back to garage they change a new fuse or switch

however, today suddenly the three lights was one again and was off when i restart it. the steering start making some "leacther" touching noise again.

what should i do ? the warrany had run out from the garage.

is tehre anything wrong with the car?

how do i check if there is a fault with abs, esp or bas ? it seem everything was fine.

i am worried and any comment is most welcome

thanks alot

regards

alan

• 2 months later...
Sometimes the cost of servicing is balanced by the rewards, if i didnt make clear in my earlier post. Mercedes cover most mechanical parts for life if the car has been serviced from new by the dealer, if you have it serviced by a independent you loose that warranty. therefore, if the car throws a driveshaft of blows the head gasket etc (unlikely as its a merc) you will have to pay the cost of parts and labour (expensive) but if the car has been serviced and maintained by the dealer from new, should a problem arise, it shouldnt cost you a bean.

Sorry to post so late in the day.... just searching for a merc indie for my laterst merc.

I would say that the above statement does tie in with my experience of owning my previous merc from new. They do continue to cover the body against rust (they suffer badly!) for 30 yrs if you use dealers for servicing BUT they do not continue to warrant mechanicals once your warranty expires. They of course often can use goodwill to help you out but I cannot see them paying out for an engine rebuild per above. I certainly didnt get far with Merc when my 4 yr old E320CDI needed some engine work and I had to pay for it myself (eventually through an indie down south).

hi is £150 cover parts and labour ?

Hi everyone, i am very new to this car

i bought second hand E240 W reg 3 weeks ago.

everything was fine until last week, suddenlly while driving the bas esp and abs light was on, when i restart the engine, the light was gone. however, i feel there is some "leather touching" noise at steerting when i turn, apat from that everything was fine

brough back to garage they change a new fuse or switch

however, today suddenly the three lights was one again and was off when i restart it. the steering start making some "leacther" touching noise again.

what should i do ? the warrany had run out from the garage.

is tehre anything wrong with the car?

how do i check if there is a fault with abs, esp or bas ? it seem everything was fine.

i am worried and any comment is most welcome

thanks alot

regards

alan

ps your problem is likely to be the parking switch under the footbrake.

• 1 year later...
Looking for an independent garage to service my mercedes, after previous problems with franchise dealership!

I take mine to TM Services at Millhouses. The guy used to be the Rolls Royce mechanic at Hatfields and has done a great job on all my "silly" motors as well as the sensible ones. He has all the diagnostic stuff to do my merc.

Having said that I was contacted by the main dealers in Chesterfield and offered a service deal for £150. I'll probably still go to TM when the next service comes around.

Mercs can be serviced quite reasonably by reputable independent garages, However, check the service history the car already has as Mercedes cover most major mechanical parts under warranty for life as long as the car has been serviced and maintained by the franchised dealer from new.

Due to changes in EU loaw Mercedes can no longer insist upon service by them to preserve warranty.

THey can only insist Service by a VAT registered garage using official Mercedes parts.

THis is due to competition law.

Due to changes in EU loaw Mercedes can no longer insist upon service by them to preserve warranty.

THey can only insist Service by a VAT registered garage using official Mercedes parts.

THis is due to competition law.

Is that the same with any manufacturer?

Archived