Looking for London Pride Ale

ukdobby

They have it on handpump in the Crown in Totley. It's well worth the trip out there to an old fashioned country pub that's still within Sheffield city boundaries. They serve decent food too.

"still within city boundaries" - that's right. It was stolen from Derbyshire along with most of Dore and Totley some years ago and is still within city boundaries.

Nice pub, I grant you. Didn't know the food was any good though - used to do decent sandwiches at lunchtime before the bloke split up with his wife. Haven't been in since. Nothing to do with me I hasten to add!

Looking for pubs what serve this ale,into it big style,does anyone know somewhere.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding this beer. It is now touted in many of the big chain pubs as a token gesture to real ale, along with other such beginners real ales as Black Sheep, Old Speckled Hen, Marston's Pedigree and Caledonian Deuchars.

For folks who've spent a lifetime drinking keg beer the taste of the above real ales must be a revelation to them. They never realised before what crap they had been drinking until they tried these - then they realised that beer could be smooth, creamy, tasty, malty, hoppy, flavoursome and rich and not gassy, bright and tasteless like the keg beers.

I think London Pride is ok. I prefer Fuller's ESB from the same brewery - it's a similar taste to London Pride but it's stronger. You won't see this around many places though - it's probably not considered suitable as a quaffing ale and is not really for real ale beginners.

Some other guy on here is suggesting you look at some of the local breweries and he's right. If you want to educate your tastebuds further then believe me, big brewery beers is not where it's at. In this area we have several excellent local brews, like Glentworth, Bradfield, Townes, Brampton, Thornbridge which knock London Pride and the commercially marketed real ales into a cocked hat.

You could do worse than going to one of the following pubs and broadening your repertoire:

Sheaf View - Heeley

Kelham Island Tavern - Kelham Island

Hillsboro hotel - Langsett Road

Coach and Horses Dronfield - (Thornbridge pub)

George and Dragon Wentworth - a real ale emporium serving very good food at cheap prices.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding this beer. It is now touted in many of the big chain pubs as a token gesture to real ale, along with other such beginners real ales as Black Sheep, Old Speckled Hen, Marston's Pedigree and Caledonian Deuchars.

For folks who've spent a lifetime drinking keg beer the taste of the above real ales must be a revelation to them. They never realised before what crap they had been drinking until they tried these - then they realised that beer could be smooth, creamy, tasty, malty, hoppy, flavoursome and rich and not gassy, bright and tasteless like the keg beers.

I think London Pride is ok. I prefer Fuller's ESB from the same brewery - it's a similar taste to London Pride but it's stronger. You won't see this around many places though - it's probably not considered suitable as a quaffing ale and is not really for real ale beginners.

Some other guy on here is suggesting you look at some of the local breweries and he's right. If you want to educate your tastebuds further then believe me, big brewery beers is not where it's at. In this area we have several excellent local brews, like Glentworth, Bradfield, Townes, Brampton, Thornbridge which knock London Pride and the commercially marketed real ales into a cocked hat.

You could do worse than going to one of the following pubs and broadening your repertoire:

Sheaf View - Heeley

Kelham Island Tavern - Kelham Island

Hillsboro hotel - Langsett Road

Coach and Horses Dronfield - (Thornbridge pub)

George and Dragon Wentworth - a real ale emporium serving very good food at cheap prices.

Hillsborough Hotel. Nice Pub. Good Food

There is a beer festival at the Rising Sun in Nether Green this coming weekend which will obviously have a really good selection of real ale, too.

I have nothing to do with the Rising Sun but I went to the Easter beer festival at the Moon pub (now closed) and it was good.

Archived