Ecclesall Graveyard tour

Asif

Apparently, a road was named after him in Sheffield 12 and a blue plaque was put in place but, like anything nowadays, the sign has been vandalised and removed several times, I'm not sure whether it's now back in place. There was a photo of it, I'll try to find it.

Duffems

Hi. I don't live in Sheffield anymore but I am doing my family tree and I would really like to ask if one of you nice people who live near Ecclesall Church would do a little research on my behalf. There is a gate at the back of the church (I think it is actually on High Storrs Road. Anyway it is opposite to Tulibardine Road). I was told that my grandfathers grave is along the path leading from the gate to the church. His name was Thomas Laxton. I have not been able to get back over to Sheffield to check and would be very grateful if one of you would be kind enough to check this information for me. He died in 1931. I thank you in advance and cross my fingers.

I traced my rellies buried there by contacting the Vicar by e-mail. This is back in 2001, so there may be anew vicar there now. The address then was

peter.williams@ecclesall.parishchurch.org.uk. He looked up the grave locations, and had a site map at the office when I

Hi. I don't live in Sheffield anymore but I am doing my family tree and I would really like to ask if one of you nice people who live near Ecclesall Church would do a little research on my behalf. There is a gate at the back of the church (I think it is actually on High Storrs Road. Anyway it is opposite to Tulibardine Road). I was told that my grandfathers grave is along the path leading from the gate to the church. His name was Thomas Laxton. I have not been able to get back over to Sheffield to check and would be very grateful if one of you would be kind enough to check this information for me. He died in 1931. I thank you in advance and cross my fingers.

I traced my rellies buried there by contacting the Vicar by e-mail. This is back in 2001, so there may be a new vicar there now. The address then was

peter.williams@ecclesall.parishchurch.org.uk. He looked up the grave locations, and had a site map at the office when I visited.

Apparently, a road was named after him in Sheffield 12 and a blue plaque was put in place but, like anything nowadays, the sign has been vandalised and removed several times, I'm not sure whether it's now back in place. There was a photo of it, I'll try to find it.

Duffems

Hi Duffems

Is this the one? (I got it from Dean originally I think). Sorry it's note very sharp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Algy/Loosemore/Loosemoredrive.jpg

Archived