Aagrah Indian Restaurant-lunchtime/daytime buffet-excellent!

rubiomk2

If you haven't already tried this, you really should - the Aagrah Restaurant in Leopold Square does an excellent lunchtime/daytime buffet (i think until about 5pm but may be later) - for just £7.50 you can eat as much as you want. There isn't loads of selections but that's because they seem to concentrate on quality over quantity and the food all tastes really fresh. There are popadoms, salads, a selection of around 3 starters (the chicken/lamb tikka is excellent!) and 3 or 4 main dishes, plus rice and nans and a couple of desserts.

I've been a few times and have never been disappointed. I go regulary with a friend of mine who is originally from Pakistan and she loves it, which I think is a good recommendation!

And before anyone asks, no, i've no connection whatsoever to do with the place - it's just that whenever I go, it's never very busy and I can't understand why - perhaps people just don't know about it. I think, in comparison to the Chinese buffets, the quality is much better (personal taste, I know).

The other good thing is, if like me you work in the centre and only get an hour for lunch then you can fit in a 3 course meal in the time allowed as service is very good.

So try it!

• 7 months later...

Archived