Light Bulb Hoarding

Quote teuton: "No there isn't much difference, they are dim when they first come on and then they get brighter"

And, at their brightest, they are still dim compared to a 100 watt bulb. I have a house full of them and they don't compare to the old fashioned bulbs.

Quote teuton: "The government thinks the energy saving is worth making"

The government which was in power at the time couldn't THINK to save their lives.

Quote teuton: "you are going to have to have the energy saving ones at some point"

I've already pointed out that I already have the energy saving bulbs all around the house -

but, they are no good for the inspection lamp and the garage.

Quote teuton: " it is going to be great for the environment when they have all gone"

You must be joking - take a walk around any city centre and look at all the lights (non energy saving) including street lamps which are on all night - the environment will never notice the difference.

There are too many people telling us what we should & should not do in every aspect of our lives and trying to con us with fairytale statistics - there's enough of them already so they don't need your help!

Just remember that light bulbs are not the major users of energy anyway.

If the government set a good example in MAJOR energy saving, maybe more will follow.

Quote teuton: "No there isn't much difference, they are dim when they first come on and then they get brighter"

And, at their brightest, they are still dim compared to a 100 watt bulb.

you must be buying the cheap ones, or those ones British gas were sending out for free

If you would try the more expensive ones you would see what I mean about them getting brighter

you must be buying the cheap ones, or those ones British gas were sending out for free

If you would try the more expensive ones you would see what I mean about them getting brighter

We never buy cheap stuff - as we do with everything, we bought the ones recommended by "Which Magazine".

Say what you like, their claims are exaggerated and they just are not as bright.

Never hoarded 'proper' bulbs. Been using energy savers all over the house for years and years without any problems. Hardly ever have to change them, brilliant! Just need to buy the quality ones and they are absolutely fine.

I have also been using them all over the house for years and i have no problem with them

I think the people who don't like them are just looking for something to moan about :loopy:

I think that has brought this thread to a satisfactory conclusion

Energy saving bulbs are as good as the 100W :loopy: bulbs, the cheap energy saving bulbs are not as good

It's going to be great for the environment :thumbsup: when your stockpiles have ran out and we are all using the energy saver bulbs

I think that has brought this thread to a satisfactory conclusion

Energy saving bulbs are as good as the 100W :loopy: bulbs, the cheap energy saving bulbs are not as good

It's going to be great for the environment :thumbsup: when your stockpiles have ran out and we are all using the energy saver bulbs

i dont even care how many emmisions my van throws out as long as its earning me money , so im hardly going to be bothered about how my light bulbs hurt the enviournment.

i dont even care how many emmisions my van throws out as long as its earning me money , so im hardly going to be bothered about how my light bulbs hurt the enviournment.

This thread is about light bulbs, not the CO2 emissions old vans

From your avatar I would say your van was made before anyone thought of the environment :thumbsup:

Archived