Anybody remember saturdays the mailcoach west street

great times were had by all.

remember the beach party.

all the buckets of water thrown all over the place,

i bet the carpets still wet now .

i will always remember roland in his string vest and knotted hanky on is head.

what ever happened to chris did he come back from russia?

great times were had by all.

remember the beach party.

all the buckets of water thrown all over the place,

i bet the carpets still wet now .

i will always remember roland in his string vest and knotted hanky on is head.

what ever happened to chris did he come back from russia?

The beach party me and mandi renamed bitch party. We handcuffed Dolby to the bar and whipped him :hihi:

No idea what happened to Chris. Ah great days indeed, have you seen the place now. It's terribly terribly posh :rolleyes:

I remember we kept filling the ice buckets up behind the bar and lobbing them everywhere, and when it got too busy Chris used to let us give him a hand.

The beach party me and mandi renamed bitch party. We handcuffed Dolby to the bar and whipped him :hihi:

No idea what happened to Chris. Ah great days indeed, have you seen the place now. It's terribly terribly posh :rolleyes:

I remember we kept filling the ice buckets up behind the bar and lobbing them everywhere, and when it got too busy Chris used to let us give him a hand.

i forgot you renamed it bitch party,and how can anybody forget the whipping:)

• 1 year later...

I've just been recalling those days to some guys over where I now live.

The DJ with the hat is GRAHAM. He took over when Chris came in. We had some fun times at The Mailcoach. Every bleeder used to complain about my quizzes whenever I did any for Graham. At least I proved how much I knew about Rock and its history!

Some experts took on a challenge I set, to have quizzes and raise some money for various charities, such as Sheffield Childrens Hospital. There were some characters and brave souls who tried those. Leonard Cohen (anyone remember that guy? Always asked for Leonard Cohen songs) really got put to the sword! He never knew that I knew as much as what I did.

Who remembers those crazy mid-week Rock nights at The Mailcoach? All the lights and smoke! Les, Sass and Graham were all DJs for that, as I recall. I seem to recall giving a few bands a go. KING'S INDIAN were one.

When The Mailcoach closed, around the time it got converted to a crap theme pub, Graham moved over the road to The Hallamshire. There, once we got it set up, we put a few bands on upstairs at The Hallamshire. I remember we had EARTHTONE 9 come up to play prior to signing. BLEEDING PRINCIPLE were always great, particularly with Big Dave. D'LEAR always filled the place when we had Shawn and the guys play.

The last I heard of Graham was just around the time he closed his shop in Mexborough. Whatever happened to him?

Mark was the previous DJ at The Mailcoach. The last I heard of him was around 10 years ago when he used to DJ at The Sportsman.

Names? More faces than names I remember - Mandi! Who can forget Mandi? (Hey! Piggy piggy!) The lovely Karen. She was an absolutely pretty and great fun girl. Kaeren! Who'd not remember her, with her sister and those gorgeous daughters! Kaeren was everyone's Rock Mum!

Sandie and Jan, Rachel and Lindsay. Gary.

Mac and the Death/Doom Metal crowd.

You've probably picked up I'm no longer based in Sheffield. From time to time, I've been back but not for a number of years now. For me, it's been very hectic with Free Parties and DJing (various styles). I go where the music takes me..... etc.

Who am I? Let's see if you can guess and spell my name correctly. (Few ever do, by the way.) I've given some clues.

Archived