Please help with Ford Focus trouble!

There is an increasing number of modern diesel engines that are fitted with dual mass flywheels that are failing at higher mileages.

One symptom is clutch slip that gets progressively worse.

Google "dual mass flywheel problems".

TDDi engine has a solid flywheel.

TDCi engine has a dual mass flywheel.

• 2 weeks later...

As SnailyBoy said. :thumbsup:

I'm now pursuing this via Trading Standards and possibly taking the garage through small claims if they don't sort themselves out sharpish, had enough of their small talk with nothing getting done! :rant:

Wish me luck! ;)

• 5 years later...

Had A simular problem years ago and was told by the salesman at Perrys a reputable dealer that it was CLUTCH SQUAWK ! eventually swapped the car for another without CLUTCH SQUAWK :hihi:TAKE THEM TO THE TRADING STANDARDS MATE THEY WILL SOON SORT IT:thumbsup:

Had A simular problem years ago and was told by the salesman at Perrys a reputable dealer that it was CLUTCH SQUAWK ! eventually swapped the car for another without CLUTCH SQUAWK :hihi:TAKE THEM TO THE TRADING STANDARDS MATE THEY WILL SOON SORT IT:thumbsup:

I hope he's got is sorted in the last 6 years :)

Archived