Car Garages

unfortunately there's nothing you can do. been there.

the best lesson that can be learnt is always keep 2 spares. you can have a duplicate done as same as the key price. you're always going to be stuck if have a remote control locking system.

as oxbeast says they can get away with it so they do - like most things !!

also bit of advice for anyone not with a breakdown service - join now before you break down. go for an option that takes you HOME if you're stuck not to a garage. you may think you're saving money by taking the lowest option but in the long term - you will pay for it.

join AA or RAC - you're almost guaranteed to get someone who has the best chance of fixing the car - the rest, although may be good mechanics generally do not have the experience of these people who turn out to breakdowns every day.

i have learnt the lessons the hard way - by paying myself out of trouble every time.

Me and my b'friend have a key. I've lost mine ...god knows where because I'm really good at keeping things safe.

I thought I might have lost it in the pubs I frequent so I called around and none of them have had one handed in. It must be somewhere in the house and I'll probably find it when I've had another cut.....much frustration.

Called Morrisons key cutting bloke who says he charges £20.00 for the key AND to code it, so thats where I'm going. I can't believe that a dealership can charge £80.00!!!! when I can have it done for a fraction of the cost

It's all down to the electronic radio coding in the key. It's supposed to be so thieves can't get copies of your key because it won't start the car.

In reality it is another way of car companies controlling you. Just like with Printer manufacturers and ink cartridges.

Archived