What shall I drink? Plea for advice!

Okay knowledgeable forummers, please help me decide what to drink.

I've given up alcohol, a couple of weeks ago now, and tonight is the first time I'll be going out socially in Sheffield with a group of people who will be drinking.

I would previously have drunk wine along with the others, but now need to find something else. I've never been a big one for going out, and there are so many more drinks in the bars now that I really don't know what they all are.

I don't like sweet things particularly, or very fizzy things. In the past I've had diet coke, although it is still rather sweet, but have preferred bitter lemon or tonic (diet versions again - teeth reasons). I get bored with these flavours really quickly, though. I like water, but don't want to look like a cheapskate.

Are there any other alcohol-free (or at a push, very very low alcohol), non-sweet, non-gassy drinks that I could drink all evening?

Very grateful for all reasonable suggestions!!!!

My Mum is in the same situation as you.

She like angostura bitters & tonic or soda (most bars should have it, you put a few drops in certain cocktails)

I like orange juice & lemonade when I want something refreshing but not too fizzy :)

Archived