Another new Wetherspoons for Sheffield - at the old Wards Brewery

According to the Star, another new Wetherspoons pub for Sheffield on the site of the old Wards Brewery! I was just wondering if there will be enough drunken pensioners in Sheffield left to frequent the place? They'll be running out soon if they open any more Wetherspoons pubs.

This has been a rumour for a couple of years.

The problem with wetherspoons rumours is that they come more often than the full moon. So until there is a definite announcement I always take them with a pinch of salt. However I think it will be a good place for one.

OPENING OFFER

Free shell suit to any bloke aged 45 and older ordering a pint of Scouse Scrounger at 78p and a packet of peanuts.

I bet it'll be a two mile hike to the toilets, up and down numerous staircases. Mind you, if you join the Monday club you get a key to the disabled toilet!

I hear the new Wetherspoons is to be called the Sunburnt Arms or some other equally daft name and is to be opened by Rab C Nesbitt to indicate the clientele they wish to attract!

It's just a rumour, there's already the posh Flats at the old Wards' Brewery, what more do they want? Not to mention the fact that a Wetherspoons on Eccy Road would pretty much kill the Porter Brook and the Devonshire Arms Pubs.

It's just a rumour, there's already the posh Flats at the old Wards' Brewery, what more do they want? Not to mention the fact that a Wetherspoons on Eccy Road would pretty much kill the Porter Brook and the Devonshire Arms Pubs.

What more do who want?

You dont understand how business works then?

Its true im afraid.

What more do who want?

You dont understand how business works then?

Its true im afraid.

Won't affect me anyway, I very rarely go up Eccleshall Road anyway.

Not to mention the fact that a Wetherspoons on Eccy Road would pretty much kill the Porter Brook and the Devonshire Arms Pubs.

I don't think it would, Wetherspoons attract a certain type of punter, not the same type that currently go to the Porter Brook. If anything a Wetherspoons on Ecklesall Road would bring people from town out to them, not steal them from existing pubs.

IMO.

Archived