Another new Wetherspoons for Sheffield - at the old Wards Brewery

Oooh, harsh.

Yes, the Nursery Tav can be a bit busy at times, but that's only due to it's popularity. You shouldn't knock it.

Ok, there are some people who prefer the 'straight to the bar... tumbleweed' option; but why not embrace the happy atmosphere of a much loved Sheffield institution?

I dont mind a busy bar if the staff have some idea of the order the customers arrived to the bar in, but there they serve whoever leans furthest over the bar waving their fiver. Crap staff generally.

• 4 months later...

used to live in the wards flats so heard all the rumours and saw the previous applications, this wetherspoons one seems to have more substance but nothing is set in stone yet. it would have been nice to have somthing there anything is better than that ugly empty shell. the landlord works have started so something is maybe on the way but remember all this started before credit crunch and if my memory is correct even before smoking ban!

Anyone know when this is opening?

Could do with a drink after visiting Waitrose, owt to take away the pain of a waitrose wallet bashing.

Yeh, £2.75 for a bacon sandwich ... thats going a bit for a supermarket cafe! Probably why there was only the wife and I in there.

Can't imagine Waitrose customers frequenting grotty Wetherspoons though

• 2 weeks later...
According to the Star, another new Wetherspoons pub for Sheffield on the site of the old Wards Brewery! I was just wondering if there will be enough drunken pensioners in Sheffield left to frequent the place? They'll be running out soon if they open any more Wetherspoons pubs.

Would be a Waste of Space there's half a dozen Weetherspoons in Sheffield do we really need another one? The only good thing about it is that at least it's got a variety of proper ale on!

I dont mind a busy bar if the staff have some idea of the order the customers arrived to the bar in, but there they serve whoever leans furthest over the bar waving their fiver. Crap staff generally.

Or they confuse everyone by passing the buck and going "So who's next!" Cue arguements or someone jumping in front of you because they were 1/2 a second quicker to answer! Can't stand this!

Archived