Closure of The Cage health club

Lucy_Smith

Anybody else a member on here? Me and my boyfriend received a letter saying they are closing. I'm so mad, I only joined in January and wouldn't have bothered joining if I knew they were closing.

Also I've phoned them this morning and they've said they won't refund the £15 members have payed for the padlock and swipe card. It's not much use to me now is it?!!

I didn't have to pay a joining fee but just out of interest if anybody on here did, is that being refunded? If not I'm sure they must be doing something illegal? Surely you can't charge somebody £100 joining fee and then a month later close the gym and then not refund them the joining fee?

I'd be interested to hear what others think of this.

I'm really annoyed about this. I just joined on February the 7th, a whole 19 days ago. I paid a years membership, joining fee etc. Surely they must have had some idea when I joined that they were going to be closing, I mean, I doubt decisions like that are made overnight.

Can anyone recommend another gym not to far from the city centre?

Archived