Which of the new Chinese restaurants?

Whippet

Originally posted by Whippet

I heard the Zing Va was a good Chinese along with Candy Town and the Golden Dragon, but which of the new ones, like No 1, are recommended?

Dim Sum on London Road is supposed to be good, and is always packed with Chinese folk.

Maybe you should check out the "Hui Wei" in west street, the newly opened Chinese restaurant. Many friends of mine suggest it is good.

And Dim Sum in London road is good, especially when you are interested in all kinds of "dim sum" not main courses.

Last time I went to Candy town the food was great but the surroundings were shabby & dirty.

Jumbo Chinese buffet was a great begining for my hen night last year although I felt a littled rushed as if the staff were waiting for us to hurry up & eat so they could seat more people.

I've never had a really top class Chinese meal in Sheffield - even that big place in Fullwood which I heard was supposed to be good was way overpriced and not exactly the bees knees.

I use that Chinese Cafe quite a bit, I live in Asia for four months a year and eat it all the time. You can get a perfectly decent plate of noodles, a full meal, and as much Chinese tea as you can drink for £4.

Which Chinese Cafe is that Solero?

It's on the left hand side of the road as you go towards town, just before you get to Candy Town. Its called China Cafe - only it only seats about 16, so I guess they need some takeaway business....

They don't seem to have noodles on the menu anymore, but just tell them you want say Beef Noodle Soup or Dry Noodles with Chicken Mushroom and Lemongrass or something and they'll just fix it for you, like a oriental street noodle stall does. Not a bad option - not sure if they're still opening lunchtimes but they were last year.

Originally posted by holster100

Get yourself down Hui Wei - it's brilliant. Been 3 times since it opened.

Is that the Simply Chinese one? If it is, I've been to the one in Dronfield and it was passable. More style than substance, though.

Archived