I'm fed up with oil on my hands. How can I get them clean?

I always find Swarfega works, but that's for the muck that comes off my bike - I 'm sure cycle oil is lighter than stuff you would use on a car!

Definitely use moisturiser - if your skin is dry and cracked the grease will get in the cracks and it'll be even harder to shift...

Boots sell a tube of Hand Conditioning Cream which is their own make.

On the tube it says Traditional skin care.

After gettting off the worst with a harsh cleaner try this, rub it on your hands then a little warm water and rub it in Your hands will come up much cleaner. Finally rub them with Cremolia also from Boots and this will bring off more still and stop them hardening and splitting.

Both items cost very little but outperform more expensive potions.

• 8 months later...

Although swarfega is effective in removing grease, it is quite harsh on the skin and can also remove natural oils. It is also believed to lead to dermatitis or worse.

A natural cleanser is available which is just as effective as swarfega, but it has a moisturising effect, so it doesn't strip your skin of its oils like swarfega. You can see for yourself at the link below: http://tinyurl.com/flpshopnow (or copy and paste to web browser). Go to personal care, then liquid soap. The great thing is that it also has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Best wishes.

Archived