A decent sunday carvery

jayrichard

Originally posted by jayrichard

Can anyone recommend a decent sunday carvery in Sheffield one that allows kids. Thanks

Crosspool tavern is alright, pretty sure they allow kids. I wouldn't go on a sunday because its full and twice the price, but its good through the week. I'd ring just in case to check about the kids, but i'm sure its fine.

just outside sheffield nr dronfield, at the dronfield bypass roundabout is a pub called bowshaw inn, cavery was lovely and there was little mites running around (i had food poisoning from somewhere else a few days before so the were anoying me) so i guess they allow kids there, the beef was awesome!!! worth a try!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried that new pub that has just opened - Meadow Farm on Nether Lane at Ecclesfield.

I have been loads of times and each time I cannot fault it.

In the way of a play area for kids there's a whole space designated to kids and you can also watch them from the comfort of your seat through the CCTV system they have in place.

Check it out, I don't think you'll go far wrong!

Didn't rate The Three Meryy Lads at Lodgemoor - taken there last year for my birthday. Service awful. Food skimpy. My host was equally disappointed.

Crosspool Tavern ok. Serves all day. You can take kids (I have). It is double the price on a Sunday - but still cheap! Choice of two out of three meats (turkey, gammon, beef) - always well cooked. Loads of different veg - help yourself. You'll be struggling to find room for a pud afterwards though.

Quite a wait at busy times - and there is a huge tv screen in the main bar, so noisey (and often smokey) in waiting area.

Archived