Old owls fans from 70s

brooksy

had a drink with a pal of mine the other night and were chatting about the old owls lads we knocked aboutwith in the 70s. my mate mick omalley is realy old school and a real die hard owls fan. i can remember we used to go on the lepp in the 70s and there were the usuall suspects, weeny b neville cainy and all the other crew. dont see a lot of them noe but had some real laughs esp away matches. any of you old lads on this forum.

Originally posted by brooksy

had a drink with a pal of mine the other night and were chatting about the old owls lads we knocked aboutwith in the 70s. my mate mick omalley is realy old school and a real die hard owls fan. i can remember we used to go on the lepp in the 70s and there were the usuall suspects, weeny b neville cainy and all the other crew. dont see a lot of them noe but had some real laughs esp away matches. any of you old lads on this forum.

"b neville " Is that Barry Neville? If it is, he runs the Merrie Monk in Manor Park.

I was 18 in the mid 70’s (1975) and remember a large group of Wednesday fans used to go on the Leppings Lane end at that time. One name I do remember from that time was Brent Hawkworth (Who I sometimes still notice at the Matches). Also, Will Campbell, Rutter, Steve Conroy and other members of the “Walkley Mob” who names I forget.

I still recognise many many faces from the mid 70’s who still attend the matches but can’t put names to them.

Archived