Future New Australian

asti

Greetings,

Back on planet Earth and i'm in Manly NSW awaiting the birth of our first grandchild, what a great country to be born in, i've been here 3 weeks (only another 4 to go). It's at times like this that i really do wish that i were 30 years younger and living and working in OZ.

Young people of Sheffield PLEASE give yourselves a break and leave the UK for a while, work in another country, New Zealand, OZ, Canada, i think you'll benifit from the expirence.

OK i'm off the soap box.

Regards

Asti

Gday asti, we have been here 38 years this year, it's a fantastic place to bring up a family, we are at Shellharbour, a couple of hours south of you, hope our Winter temps aren't too cold for you. :hihi:

Hope everything goes well with the new Aussie arrival.

Congratulations asti.

Biggest regret of my life was moving back to the UK, from South Africa, in 1976 instead of going on to Oz.

Can't see much of a future in this dump but I'm too old to go now. I'd recommend all young people to go out there and give it a try - the future in Europe looks pretty grim, at least your grandchild has a good future in front of him/her.

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings

Just to up-date this thread, the New Australian was born 06.30 on 22/07/08 and she is beautiful, mother is fine and all is well.

Congratulations Greetings, my new Grandaughter was born today also. July 22nd, at 9am....Elizabeth weighed in at 6lb 9oz. :banana:

Born in Georgia ,USA.

Congratulations Poppins, does'nt it make you feel good, the bad news is that i have to leave OZ in 11 days time and that is going to be sooooo hard to do.

Hope all goes well for you and yours.

Asti

Rubydazzler what ever made you think i was a female!!

Update: mother and daughter have now left hospital and all is well, She is to be called Mia Rose, which i think is nice. Let's hope the world she's born into

Starts getting it's act togeather,

Asti

Congratulations Poppins, does'nt it make you feel good, the bad news is that i have to leave OZ in 11 days time and that is going to be sooooo hard to do.

Hope all goes well for you and yours.

Asti

Sorry Asti, I got your name wrong :loopy: Our Elizabeth Jane came home yesterday, won;t see her in person till Sept, they are 15 hours drive from us in Georgia.

Amazing, she had Jaundice and could have stayed in hospital a bit longer but they opt to take her home with the "Blue Light", never saw one used before, they have a blue glowing light in her crib. she looks like an alien baby all lit up.

congrats again...Poppins.

Archived