Banners on "The Cliffe"

i worked in banners quite recently [10 yrs ago!] running the cafe and the 40's nights at Times gone by, part of the Sheffield at war exhibition.

and boy, did every person thro' the doors "remember" those escalators...oh and they had there own money!!!

:)

TGB was a very interesting exhibition.

I liked the "wartime canteen" they had, and the performers doing "old"/ "Worker's Playtime" type songs, as they would have done in the "British restaurant" establishments.

TGB was a very interesting exhibition.

I liked the "wartime canteen" they had, and the performers doing "old"/ "Worker's Playtime" type songs, as they would have done in the "British restaurant" establishments.

great place to work too, my kids loved the little cinema, with all the sandbags! shame it only lasted 2 years :(

does anyone remeber that big shop on ayttercliffe common called banners? I can vaguely remember going in with my mum and dad. It seamed really old fashioned. I can remember something about them sending money from the tills in shoots that went above the shop. I`ve seen something simular lately in the shops in town.

there was a great boutiquie in there

Archived