What do you think of Wetherspoons pubs?

Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?

Can't comment on the Sheffield 'spoons but the one in Colchester (The Playhouse) has the worst service of any bar I've ever been in.

Another annoying thing I've had in Wetherspoons pubs down South is some of their barstaff having some sort of inbuilt horror of real ale. You ask for a pint of Theakstons for instance and they go all pale and try and persuade you to drink just about anything else!

Beers okay, staff are few and far between.

I ordered some food before xmas at lunchtime, it was horrid, staff member came to the table to collect a glass I told him the food was horrible and not up to standard, his response was "I didn't cook it".

Shift manager was also not bothered, therefore I vowed never to eat in the place again :gag:

Not my kind of place but it's clear why they are so popular with their cheap beer.

I once 'ate' at the Banker's Draft and the 'food' resembled Pedigree Chum which had been left in an oven for a week.

Indeed, one feels obliged to wipe your feet on the way out of such establishments.

Generally the prices are excellent as prices go today. A pint of Ruddles is £1.29 I think. Thats like prices from 15 years ago. OK so sometimes the food is just about warm, but i've had good and bad in many Witherspoons. Attracts a few dead heads as the prices are so cheap but if you are old and on a pension its good for them to get out and drink with friends for not a lot of money. Long Live Witherspoons!!!

Archived