What do you think of Wetherspoons pubs?

Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?

Its hardly changed apart from all the wood what seems to be of put in and few extra chairs and tables and when you alk in its bit like jungle. The bacon carbanarah how ever you spell it could do with more bacon as when it comes it just looks like pasta before you spot the odd part of bacon.

I always think pubs and places to go to are a bit like....erm.....making love to your partner. Mostly you want it to be nice, clean, pleasant, classy.

But every now and then you have a craving for something dirty and dingy and sordid.

Wetherspoons is a bit like this. It is the pub equivalent of the quick encounter behind the kebab shop, by the bins and the chip wrappers. Nasty, but it fulfils a need.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie tryed to PM you? Listen if you think you can get away with that shambles of a service with that staff behind bar go ahead, ps i think you may end up with more than a pint of beer being thrown over your head by the aubourthorne lads this time! ps dont threaten me via lee!

I don't really have any problem with Wetherspoons-go in once a week for an hour for a couple of cheap beers, and sometimes a bite to eat, but went in on Saturday, and--plastic glasses!!!-is this because they were expecting trouble a fter the Wednesday-Derby game, or is it the norm. for Saturday nights?.Don't recall them using plastic glasses in the past.

I don't really have any problem with Wetherspoons-go in once a week for an hour for a couple of cheap beers, and sometimes a bite to eat, but went in on Saturday, and--plastic glasses!!!-is this because they were expecting trouble a fter the Wednesday-Derby game, or is it the norm. for Saturday nights?.Don't recall them using plastic glasses in the past.

When we were in the Bankers we were told they were using plastic glasses because of the football.

We also had a pint in the Huntsman which was using normal glasses.

They probably attract more of the football fan types in the Bankers.

Regards

Doom

Archived