Tap water makes me feel edgy... WHY?

Well my house is 70 years old, I'm probably gonna get lead poisoning now! Isn't there a separate supply of drinking water to your kitchen and the rest isn't drinking water, or something like that? I don't drink a lot of water, I don't like it.

We put a new kitchen tap in and I think it makes it taste funny.

We had the surreal experience of drinking water in the restaurant across the road from the source of Evian

I was wondering if they just refilled the bottles with tap water or perhaps the water went to a distribution centre miles away and then came back again, or did somebody trot across the road with a sack barrow?

Highland spring is much better - less junk in it than most bottled stuff

Well my house is 70 years old, I'm probably gonna get lead poisoning now! Isn't there a separate supply of drinking water to your kitchen and the rest isn't drinking water, or something like that? I don't drink a lot of water, I don't like it.

We put a new kitchen tap in and I think it makes it taste funny.

In most older houses cold water comes from a storage tank, and only the kitchen tap is connected directly to the mains, which means other cold water is safe only for washing etc. and not for drinking :)

Surely they must filter the water and "clean it up", especially volvic which is "filtered through layers of volcanic rock"?

Bet its never even seen a volcanic rock:suspect:

The Buxton water is said to come from a spring in Buxton.

They must bottle thousands of litres of that stuff every day, it can`t all come from the spring, so where does it come from?:suspect:

Surely they must filter the water and "clean it up", especially volvic which is "filtered through layers of volcanic rock"?

thats the one I use mostly... total peace of mind with volvic... I have had highland spring a few times and felt like its been tap water... I think maybe they use a filtered source rather than an actual natural spring

People, this is important - make sure your tap water is either boiled or filtered before drinking.

I didn't think Sheffield was in the "zone" for fluoridation. Even so, this kind of mass-medication should be banned in all countries. It's a disgrace. Fluoride is not harmless when consumed in large quantities, over many years. And yes, just like aspartame, it can affect mental health (predominantly short term effects, but nevertheless negative).

Take a look and decide for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation_controversy

Be careful.