First Film you saw at the Cinema in Sheffield

• 1 month later...

Well not so much a movie but a newsreel, I remember Mum taking me to see Pricess Margarets wedding at the cinema at Fitzallen Square.

I also remember as achild queing up for hours at a cinekma just down from Cockaynes i think to see Cliff Richard in The Young Ones. Alittle late i remeber Mum and dad surprising my sidter and I, by taking us to a cinema I cannot remember where although just as I typed that the name Doore came into my head. Is this a place in Sheffield , i know it was near to some of my aunts friends called MR and Mrs Carr. We saw the Beatles in Its a hard Days Night wow where have all these memories been hiding!!!!!!!!!

Well not so much a movie but a Newsreel, I remember Mum taking me to see Pricess Margaret's wedding at the cinema at Fitzallen Square.

I also remember as a child queing up for hours at a cinema just down from Cockaynes I think, to see Cliff Richard in The Young Ones. A little later I remember Mum and Dad surprising my sister and I, by taking us to a cinema I cannot remember where although just as I typed that the name Doore came into my head. Is this a place in Sheffield , I know it was near to some of my aunts friends called MR and Mrs Carr. We saw the Beatles in Its a hard Days Night wow where have all these memories been hiding!!!!!!!!!

Well not so much a movie but a Newsreel, I remember Mum taking me to see Pricess Margaret's wedding at the cinema at Fitzallen Square.

I also remember as a child queing up for hours at a cinema just down from Cockaynes I think, to see Cliff Richard in The Young Ones. A little later I remember Mum and Dad surprising my sister and I, by taking us to a cinema I cannot remember where although just as I typed that the name Doore came into my head. Is this a place in Sheffield , I know it was near to some of my aunts friends called MR and Mrs Carr. We saw the Beatles in Its a hard Days Night wow where have all these memories been hiding!!!!!!!!!

The cinema just down from Cockaynes was the ABC - sadly demilished around 17 years ago. Don't recognise the DOORE one. There is a suburb called Dore, but it did not have a cinema. Try to remember where Mr & Mrs Carr lived.

The original version of King Kong, 1934 or 35, at a cinema at Handsworth. Can’t remember its name. My mother thought that with me being five years old it was a good idea to take me to see a “big monkey.” When I saw a close up of it on screen I ran out of the cinema with mum chasing after me! Result of mum’s enthusiasm? I had nightmare’s for weeks after!

Second visit was to the Balfour Cinema, Staniforth Road, to see Mickey Mouse cartoons!