First Film you saw at the Cinema in Sheffield

Originally posted by upholder

The Exorcist at a local working mens club, I was about 16 at the time. That film scared me to death and even to this day I will not watch it again:o

Not exactly the pictures but I remember it like it was yesterday, one guy actually fainted and had to be carried out.

I have the full uncut version (wasn't even shown in the cinema) on DVD!

Excellent movie!

I SO haven't got the patience to be sat down for hours on end watching films. I think the first time I went to the pictures was to see the first Jurassic Park movie, or was it Lion King? I guess I do have loads of patience but I think I get bored earlier... when I'm bored I talk too much!

Chloé

What 'picture' I saw first?

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. To get back to the question - I cannot remember, but I reckon it must have been in black and white.

Originally posted by Tony Ruscoe

Same here! 8)

I don't actually remember seeing it though... just coming out of the pictures. (I must've been really young!)

Strange you should say that Tony cos I don't remember seeing it either, I just remember choking on a sweet!

Also Bedknobs and Broomsticks! And I could watch it again today!!!! Though if it was released in 1971 I must have seen it on a re-release as I was still in nappies then!!!!

And have just realised this is the reason for my lifelong desire to have a cast iron bedstead! Saw the film about 1976 and only got one two months ago!!!! Only took 26 years. Hope it doesnt take me as long to get everything else I want in life

:lol: