First Film you saw at the Cinema in Sheffield

The Rescuers at the ABC when I was about 4. I also remember my dad taking me to see Spiderman (the first one from the late 70s) at the Rex on Mansfield Road, and having to get the bus back cos the car wouldnt start.

• 8 months later...

At the grand old age of 6 (maybe 7...) my elder sister took me to The Ritz on Wordsworth, to see Cliff in The Young Ones. I loved it. It was accompanied by a documentary film, about which I remember nothing.

I later learned that the great Reg Dixon made his organing debut at The Ritz.

It's now a dump.

The Sound Of Music at The Abbeydale Picture Palace,with my Mum Sister & brother.I hate that film,but my wife like's the movie so I get out of the way when it comes on TV like every ruddy xmas lol

Not entirely sure this was the first ever film but Star Wars is the one that sticks in my head for some reason... and dar'n Sa'uff in Kent...

Thanks for the reminders about Song of the South though.. all the Bra'r Rabbit, Bear, etc... all brough a grin back from the memories :)

Guest poppins

My first film had to have been a western on a Saturday afternoon, I bet if you all think about it most of you saw a western picture, after that it would have been Flash Gorden,

well i would say it's a toss up between those.

it was either "the battle of britain" or "where eagles dare" can't remember whch cinema possibly abc or gaumont,it was a school trip one afternoon (myers grove) both great films.

the scariest i've ever seen was the "devil rides out" that was way back in the seventies at the studio 567 (can't remeber any of the actors/actress) it frightened the living daylights out of my then girlfriend so much so she woke her parents at around 2.30 am saying she could'nt sleep.boy did i get a right old rollocking of her father,god bless him,gone to the great rollocking platform in the sky.:wave: :wave: