What do you drink when you can't get a decent bitter?

I've got to admit I'll drink anything, on the outskirts of lushville really. I have my preferences. I used to drink a lot of Stella but I found it was getting out of hand so I quit.

I then went onto cider, my current favorit is Henny's Frome Valley, that is some good s***.

I still like a beer occasionaly, especially Taylors Strong Pale Ale, a beautiful beer.

If I go to the U.S,depending where, I look for the microbreweries. Sam Adams beers are usually excellent. If I ever go to Lousiana again I'd go for Jaxx. But I ain't choosy.

I'm on whisky at the moment.

As well as Bass, Harp, Guinness, Stella Artois, Smithwicks, Fosters, Heineken, Carlsberg, Samuel Smiths Taddies, and that's just in Connecticut.

Ar well your on the the more cultivated east coast while I'm stuck in the midwest USA. They do have guinness, it's pretty awful and watching some young lad/lass trying to pour one is painful. The British beer they have they sierve extra cold and it's carbonated. Not to mention I have to travel miles to get to a decent bars in my oversized SUV.

I heard a place only four miles away now has Stella, think I go try that tonight!

"Tetleys" "wards" good beer !!

Barnsley Bitter, Old Peculiar, Norfolk Nog, Pendle Witches Brew, Timothy Taylors Landlord

In france I drink red wine from the Corbieres, Minervois, Cabardes wine regions

up the Blades

Know what you mean about drinking bland lagers, if I can't get a decent bitter I'd choose Guinness.

I lived in South Africa where the lager was tasteless, me and my mate would finish up drinking gin and tonics it was so bad!

You can't beat a tot of malt whisky, though the cost is prohibitive.

There are not many things I miss from the UK but one of them is a decent hand pulled pint (and Henderson's Relish of course but that’s a different thread).

Being brought up on Wards, Tetley’s, Stones etc, beers that tasted of.... well, of beer, must have spoilt me. These days I'm condemned to drinking this over cold, flavourless fizzy maidens water that Australians call beer and I’m just about ready for a decent drop.

Where’s that bloody passport of mine……..

There are not many things I miss from the UK but one of them is a decent hand pulled pint (and Henderson's Relish of course but that’s a different thread).

Being brought up on Wards, Tetley’s, Stones etc, beers that tasted of.... well, of beer, must have spoilt me. These days I'm condemned to drinking this over cold, flavourless fizzy maidens water that Australians call beer and I’m just about ready for a decent drop.

Where’s that bloody passport of mine……..

I tried the aussie beer in 2005 when I went to adelaide, coopers i think it was, also victoria beer. Did also see draught newcastle brown in a pub in the centre of adelaide though

Ar well your on the the more cultivated east coast while I'm stuck in the midwest USA. They do have guinness, it's pretty awful and watching some young lad/lass trying to pour one is painful. The British beer they have they sierve extra cold and it's carbonated. Not to mention I have to travel miles to get to a decent bars in my oversized SUV.

I heard a place only four miles away now has Stella, think I go try that tonight!

One of my favorites is Sammy Smith's taddies. Whenever I'm going to my local, I phone ahead and have her take mine out of the fridge, or if I'm drinking English drafts have her pour it while I'm getting there. Its tough trying to explain that our beers taste better if slightly warm. I've been trying for 40 years and they still don't get it. I like my Bud icy cold though. Best drink ion the world when its 95 F, and you've got the BBQ apron on.

Im in Leicestershire and there IS no decent bitter here at all so I have to make do with Stella.

I was brought up to believe that lager was a ladies drink so it took a lot for me to drink the stuff but the ale here is horrible!

Archived