What do you drink when you can't get a decent bitter?

I'm an old Bitter man, Wards (sadly missed) a decent Tetleys and the rest but these days I am stuck with your Budweisers and the like .... yuck! for the most part I have switched to Red wine and when I can afford it I get Boddingtons in cans ($8 for a four pack)

How's everyone else coping with the loss?

StJohn

I still have a can of Wards Best Bitter (original) :thumbsup:

I used to be a bitter drinker, but these days I prefer lager.

Senorita Beater or Kronenbourg usually. :)

I'm an old Bitter man, Wards (sadly missed) a decent Tetleys and the rest but these days I am stuck with your Budweisers and the like .... yuck! for the most part I have switched to Red wine and when I can afford it I get Boddingtons in cans ($8 for a four pack)

StJohn

only one remedy come home,on the other hand sit tight and persevere.:hihi::hihi:

There are not many things I miss from the UK but one of them is a decent hand pulled pint (and Henderson's Relish of course but that’s a different thread).

Being brought up on Wards, Tetley’s, Stones etc, beers that tasted of.... well, of beer, must have spoilt me. These days I'm condemned to drinking this over cold, flavourless fizzy maidens water that Australians call beer and I’m just about ready for a decent drop.

Where’s that bloody passport of mine……..

theres only one thing for it tell em to 4xxxx:hihi:

StJohn

Pity you can't import cans of Tetley's Smooth Flow draught bitter - it's a decent drink.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:DECENT depends on where you'er standing at the time ,one of the best U.K pints i ever drank was Everards best, the worst was down near Clacton what a vile drink that was but the locals loved it,back in the 50s alot of bars had a small 12by12 fridge which held about doz sm bottles this beer was ice cold and mainly for the ladys (real men drink pints)but that was my beer and i could stand the funny looks,when i came to Canada i loved their beer and all beer is served at outlets so you can get any beer country wide this includes all or alot of U.K brands so bottoms up

In the U.S.A. I usually stick to bottled beers - Saranac do a good pale ale, also a wheat beer and a passable "Imperial Stout". In Germany I drink Alpirsbacher Spezial when I can get it (usually in the south - it's brewed in the Black Forest) otherwise a nice Weizenbier such as Erdinger (which you can also get in the UK) or the more traditional Löwenbräu or Paulanerbräu.

I agree with Bayern Blade that UK-brewed lagers are awful - goodness knows why people drink this tasteless stuff. More Czech and Polish bottled beers are being imported into the UK and they are usually quite drinkable - in some cases the taste is about halfway between an English bitter and a decent lager.

Archived