Does anyone remember Faces Nightclub

valentine

Originally posted by kirky

what about tramps on kings street........got a pair of white skinners from there (5 quid) and an harrington jacket from harringtons (6 quid) thought i was the D B's:)

That brings back a few memories Kirky....Skinners......My harrington jacket lasted for years...it bacame one of my work coats as did my Crombie.

• 5 weeks later...

FACES......Went for a job interview there in 1978.......as a DJ....the Manager was a slimy fat very camp bloke in a shiny velvet suit with cream bowtie and ruffly shirt, plus rediculous bri-nylon hair style......(he actually looked like a caricature of Peter Wyngarde, AKA Jason king) we took an instant dislike to each other and the interview lasted for 20 seconds, as I was "not quite what the Club had in mind ducky".....

I was gutted (NOT) and got a job at London Roads Tiffanys nightclub instead..........£15 a night.......FANTASTIC!!!!

• 2 years later...

i used to go in most weekends drinking pint for pint of rose remember get rat arsed with my mate once puked up at home just about every room covered in what looked like blood missus

went cracker jack happy times

• 7 years later...

Used to go in Faces from Charles Street. On the left hand side there was a fire door with steps to downstairs. The pay desk was on ground floor level but round a corner. We used to open the fire door and loads used to get in - staff on the pay desk had no idea.

Remember seeing Phil Oakey in there and thinking what type of haircut was that! Don't suppose it did him any harm

The building is still there but I wonder what is downstairs now

Edited by abbeyedges
Added

went there a couple of times as a teenager, mod night - I can't now remember which night that was, but Mondays seem to stick in the mind

first time I was told how lucky I was by the mods in the year above, as I'd dropped on a night the Ya-Ya's were performing... and they were pretty good

no idea what happened to them

FACES......Went for a job interview there in 1978.......as a DJ....the Manager was a slimy fat very camp bloke in a shiny velvet suit with cream bowtie and ruffly shirt, plus rediculous bri-nylon hair style......(he actually looked like a caricature of Peter Wyngarde, AKA Jason king) we took an instant dislike to each other and the interview lasted for 20 seconds, as I was "not quite what the Club had in mind ducky".....

I was gutted (NOT) and got a job at London Roads Tiffanys nightclub instead..........£15 a night.......FANTASTIC!!!![/Q

Could that be Ron King by any chance?