Ye Olde Harrow pub

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on Ye Olde Harrow pub on Broad street, its the nearest pub to me and was thinking of going in but was just wanting a feel of the place before I go, also I heard they do a quiz night does anyone know what night this is?

i used to live in hyde park flats about 6 years ago and used to go there, the landlord was really nice, but i know over the last few years windows have been boarded up and it seems to have been targeted, so not sure what it is like now, i am sure once the student flats are finished it will get done up! sorry that doesnt help much!

It used to be quite a busy little pub, which I last frequented about 9 years ago, perhaps slightly longer. Could be a bit cliquey (sp), at times especially amongst the older, more regular customers, but generally quite a friendly atmosphere. The 'games room' side used to be quite busy, with darts, pool etc. I think it lost popularity when they closed the Durham Ox and the was it the Old Blue Ball?. Used to be like a mini pub crawl! Anyway, like darren1979 said, perhaps it will be revived when the area becomes populated with the new flats.

Archived