Yoga and martial arts in Sheffield

Guest Mr. Teatime

Guest Mr. Teatime

Hi, I'm trying to find new activities to do, and two things I'm interested in are yoga and martial arts, I'm new to both of them but I'd like to try. I'm 23 and would like to do these activities partly to meet others my sort of age, I also don't have much money - are there any good free/cheap societies or clubs I could join? I live in Walkley but can get to the city centre easily.

Thanks

Jon

There's a Karate club at Hillsborough leisure centre, they train on Wednesday and Friday nights 6.15-7.45 PM.

If you want a bit more local there's the Working Men's Club on Providence Road up Walkley that has Karate lessons, I used to train there myself up till about 10 years ago, I gave up cos I was fed up of getting varucchas on me feet from training barefoot on mucky floors.

The numbers of both venues will be on Yell.com or in the Phone book probably.

There is a Martial Arts type Circuit Training Class at the Source Gym near Meadowhall, begginers train 6pm on Mondays and 6pm on Tuesdays is the harder class, its a friendly class, good fun Ring 2635600 if you want to train

Originally posted by redinsheff

karate at ponds forge too - tuesdays & thursdays from 6.15pm-7.45pm.

Yeah and I think the instructor is the same bloke who teaches at Hillsborough Leisure on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Archived