Don Road, Attercliffe, were there houses there in the 60s?

my family were the the last people to move off brightside we lived on don place we live at number 5 my aunty the betts family lived at number 9 my cousins were kathleen and lorraine betts at the top of don place live the brookes family they were called john and david i had a drink with them both a few months ago before we went a united match just over our wall was the trusswells haulage company i was born in don place in 1953 i have two sisters called janet and rita i took my sister down there last week the only thing remaining is the piston ring works great time down there

my family were the the last people to move off brightside we lived on don place we live at number 5 my aunty the betts family lived at number 9 my cousins were kathleen and lorraine betts at the top of don place live the brookes family they were called john and david i had a drink with them both a few months ago before we went a united match just over our wall was the trusswells haulage company i was born in don place in 1953 i have two sisters called janet and rita i took my sister down there last week the only thing remaining is the piston ring works great time down there

Good to hear that John and David Brookes are well Jamestee.

I first worked with David when I was sixteen [for Parkins of Rotherham] and later with both Sid and John.

I knocked around with David into the sixties but have not seen him for around 15 years now.

Give em my best wishes when you see them again.

I can vaguely remember your cousins Kathleen was the younger one if I remember do they still live in sheffield

I remember Don Road quite well in 1958/1961 I was a uniformed beat office station at Attercliffe Police station, and got to know the residents quite well they were all kind decent people who helped each other in times of need and always respectful to the Police, especially when you were working at Christmas and whilst patrolling your beat they would pop there heads out of the door as you passed by and ask *Want a mince pie officer, piece of cake, cup of tea. I think that spirit with the people and the Police is somewhat now lacking in current times

Archived