Interested in groovy knitting group?!

JoyfulGrrl

Hullo, Now this might sound a bit stupid, but would you have to be a 'knitter' to start with? or could I just some along and learn? Sounds like a great idea and I would love to have a bash! I'm pretty new to Sheff and live in a house of boys and this sounds like a great idea to get out and meet some ladies!

Originally posted by ddolly

Hullo, Now this might sound a bit stupid, but would you have to be a 'knitter' to start with? or could I just some along and learn? Sounds like a great idea and I would love to have a bash! I'm pretty new to Sheff and live in a house of boys and this sounds like a great idea to get out and meet some ladies!

I'm sure there would be plenty of folk there that would take pleasure in showing you; I would have thought it would be more of a social thing, so I guess folk would be friendly rather than knitting in competition! :D

K x

• 3 weeks later...

hello joy, im interested in knitting and have recently got into it myself. I never thought i would be saying this but im really enjoying it. i guess im getting old. your idea about forming a knitting group sounds great. i have just registered on this site just now after searching the internet for knitting groups, and wow i have come across this notice from joy. i dont know how this works, and how we will be able to get in touch to meet to talk knitt. but im having a go at sending this, so chat soon byeee

Hi Shana,

Welcome to the forum!! :)

Hurray, another knitter!! I know, I blush to admit the extent of my addiction too, and friends may mock, but . . . . where will they be when my gorgeous creations are atop the heads of the fashionistas, eh?

Or maybe my nieces will just continue refusing to wear the strangely-shaped tea cosy hats I've managed to produce so far....

Well, I completely failed to get to the knitting group we found online - they meet on the last Friday of the month and I was sick, booooo! But they meet in the afternoon which might be difficult for some people anyway. An evening would be better for me. Maybe we could get together in a pub and sort out a regular meet-ups? I sense a Forum knitting group coming on!!

Will post a date on this thread when I've got my act together -

let the Knitterati unite!

JfG xxx

Originally posted by JoyfulGrrl

Hi Shana,

hia joy,

It would be good to start something up like this group, you can learn so much, especially for someone like me, who is still trying to understand what the whole knitting terms stand for in patterns.

I will keep checking the site to see if any arrangements have been made for meetings.

well nice chatting to you, hope you feel better soon

take care

shana:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest poppins

If you ladies are interested in knitting for cancer,

google CHEMO HATS, you get all the patterns you need.

We knit hats and take them to the kids cancer hospital, they must have NO seams and NO wool, but theres plenty of nice fluffy yarn thats wool free.

Hi joyfulgrrl,

I like you started knitting recently, am 33, and live in Meersbrook.

You can come round to mine as I have a few crafty type things I'm learning. Knitting being my favourite. Believe it or not I started it due to my degree requiring this type of thing.

If you want to get together PM me hun.

hey, anyway knitting is the new "binge drinking"!!!!!

:D

Archived