Interested in groovy knitting group?!

JoyfulGrrl

Originally posted by ddolly

Can I join in too please? I live in Netheredge, which I dont think is that far? Hey, what sort of degree requires knitting?

it seems we have a date set to meet!! It's this Saturday at my house so Pm me if you would like to come and join the merriment.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

I run the Sheffield Knitterati which is the group you've been discussing above! There are 45 registered members now of all ages. If your groovy knitting group is up and running / or is not, it would be great if you'd all come along and join us one day.

We meet last Friday of the month in The HUBS, was national centre for popular music, from 12 'til 2. Yes there does tend to be free cake. We also have loads of yarn and needles for beginners and other members.

Tomorrow we're having a knit-pic on Devonshire Green as part of Devonshire Jam 05. Rowan have sponsored us so there are free patterns and yarn plus other stuff - all free gratis. 12 til 5pm. It has been said that this is a shameless plug for Devonshire Jam - but since its a free community event I hope thats not a crime.

More info about Knit-pic and Knitterati contact me, Rebecca, at r.a.kilner@shu.ac.uk or on 0114 225 5002

Hope to meet some of you soon!

hello

i met up with the Knitterati at the Devonshire Jam and was taught to knit. really interested in finding out if there is an evening or weekend meeting as unfortunatly can't make the Friday lunch time ones run by the Knitterati. I live in Walkley but don't mind travelling into town. i like the idea of meeting in public areas rather than peoples houses, only because i wouldn't be able to return the favour easily due to small flat. :)

love to hear from you. Tamarind

sounds good, am busy thinking of anywhere else that might be an option, but the showroom sounds good. i think there was a group meeting there for a book swap or something so I think they wouldn't mind. they have some fantastic sofas as well. :D

will post if anywhere springs to mind.

Yep the Book crossers meet there regularly on Saturdays about 11pm. I can't really do weekends as I live in Huddersfield so a week day evening is best for me. Let me know what you think about Mondays (or another evening) at The Showroom and I'll pop over and talk to them.

Rebecca

Archived