Club Babylon, anyone been?

Hi,

Ive noticed all the signs and thing are up for it now and that everything looks ok inside but is it even open yet? I'm off out tonight and just wondered if its open.

I was just wondering if anyone has been to 'Babylon' and what they thought of it. Thanks

I felt obliged to sign up and give you my two penny's worth as nobody was forthcoming...

I've been in Babylon twice since it opened and only have good things to say. Its nicely decorated and cool (a million times better than it was!). The staff seem lively and enjoy their job and early on both the times I've been in I've been offered table service which was a nice touch - I like the fact that its really laid-back until it gets busy and you don't even have to get up to go to the bar (ha ha lazy!!). Drinks are reasonably priced and the music is good (although I will admit I did hear the Macarena once!!). Overall I think it was time for the change and it works well. I reckon it will do well when the students come crashing back. At the very least it's worth a shot (and a mojito if you ask me...)

Where is this mystical club I've not heard of it
Its not a club its a 90's themed late bar. Although the 90's were packed full of great music no doubt this place will serve up a steady diet of novelty euro pop, steps, five, take that, east 17 and spice girls records

Its not a club its a 90's themed late bar. Although the 90's were packed full of great music no doubt this place will serve up a steady diet of novelty euro pop, steps, five, take that, east 17 and spice girls records

Suddenly I am very glad I asked that question, another place to avoid! Cheers DD. Mind you its a sign of how the years are ticking on by isn't it, I remember walking past Reflex (shudder) when it first opened an talking to a mate about how long it would take till we got a 90s themed bar, we had Flares for a while, then Reflex, now babylon.

Hi Stormy, we felt obliged to also sign up as it's obvious discodown hasn't actually been in! Please feel free disco to come along as we think you'll be pleasantly surprised. First of all Babylon is a bar that happens to play 90's music as there is a lot of demand for that right now as our extensive ( and expensive) research has proven. We have only just opened our doors and will be constantly changing and improving, the decor isn't 90's themed we are a bar first and foremost! We have an extensive and very reasonably priced cocktail menu and yes we offer full table service.

Please visit our facebook group for photographs and reviews. You can email us on manager@babylonsheffield.co.uk for info but we suggest you come try us for yourselves!

Archived