Club Babylon, anyone been?

Then by all means tell us what is on the playlist. Everybody seems incredibly reluctant to do so.

Flares is/was a 70's theme bar but did it play any proper disco (not abba and village people)? any of the new wave of british heavy metal? any early hip hop? any dub? any philadelphia soul? no it was a steady diet of cheesy party records. Flares is an 80's theme bar, does it play any electronica, any house, early techno, heavy metal? no it does however play a stream of wham, kylie, bros, rick astley and general 80's cheesy pop.

I'm assuming that Babylon is owned by the same company therefore will almost certainly supply a steady stream of 90's pop and euro dance novelty records. If it does then say so, theres nothing wrong with that. People like it and you'll make a lot of money. Theres no shame in catering for the lowest common denominator but don't pretend its going to be something it isn't because thats just wrong

Ugh camp disco cheese ... thats soooo emmm umm 1990s !

• 2 months later...
Ill bet you by 90s they mean they are playing Take That, Boy zone , Spice girls, Robby Williams etc etc crap instead of Prodigy, Born Slippy, Blur/Oasis, Pulp, Felix, Snap, Happy Mondays, Verve, and loads of other good stuff !!

i found it very amusing that every single band on your list bar Felix and Snap (i think) are played at Babylon. to be honest when i first heard of it i did think "oh dear.." assuming the 90's theme to equal cheesy pop. it does not, however. Babylon will play almost anything providing it was released in the 90's. Their music list is very extensive featuring artists and songs that are far from cheesey.

For example -

Prodigy - Out of Space

Faithless - Insomnia

Underworld - Born Slippy

Oasis - Wonderwall

Blur - Parklife

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Daft Punk - Around The World

Lauryn Hill - Everything Is Everything

etc...

of course pop songs from the 90s are included, which you may not like, but a set list including songs you love and songs you don't is the same in every bar/club.

basically, as already explained, i feel that Babylon is a bar first and foremost, the music is not designed to be taken incredibly seriously, the idea is just to go out and have a laugh with it.

• 4 months later...

hi

bad experience with babylon club saturday night. my son and two of his mates ended up in hospital, group of xxxxxxx!!!! kicked out of club by bouncers for causing trouble over a girl (whats that about!) does she realise that those idiots rounded up their other pack hound mates waited in a back alley and kicked the xxxxxx out of my son and his two mates. who didnt deserve that, he wasnt even involved. i feel like being a vigilante and going round the clubs to find those and the girl involved and see how they would like their head being kicked in.they wouldnt laugh then, the girl wouldnt like it, it would spoil her looks, but she cant have been a nice girl, and im sure their mothers wouldnt have liked it either. all i can say is watchout ! why the violence ? why cant people just av a good night without the violence. is it the drugs? booze or combination. help me understand. by the way was the incident on cctv or did it catch them running away. and are the police looking into that, thats what i pay my taxes for!

Archived