Best pub for Sunday Lunch in and around Sheffield

John

Chequers in Froggat is good, so's the Plough in Hathersage and the Rising Sun between Shatton and Hope is great, don't bother with the Travellers or any of the pubs in Bamford (although the Ladybower Inn is ok and Strines is too, they're both homecooked food)... the Rising Sun allows dogs and the landlady makes it a bit fawlty towers sometimes too, seating's nice and private, you get a whole loaf to cut up and there's a log fire too... The Robin Hood on Greaves Lane is OK for a Sunday carvery too, they do it in sittings... but the rest has gone downhill a bit recently I think :(

this guy knows what he's on about. the plough in hathersage and the ladybower are well worth a visit.

Chequers in Froggat is good, so's the Plough in Hathersage and the Rising Sun between Shatton and Hope is great, don't bother with the Travellers or any of the pubs in Bamford (although the Ladybower Inn is ok and Strines is too, they're both homecooked food)... the Rising Sun allows dogs and the landlady makes it a bit fawlty towers sometimes too, seating's nice and private, you get a whole loaf to cut up and there's a log fire too... The Robin Hood on Greaves Lane is OK for a Sunday carvery too, they do it in sittings... but the rest has gone downhill a bit recently I think :(

Chequers in Froggat????:gag:

Noooo,,, unless you wear a twin set and pearls and want your food burnt....

The Chequers at Froggat .... I've waited almost 1.5 hours for a starter and then they tried to rush us from the table at the main course because they'd got others waiting for it. What a shame. Nice menu, decent food, awful service.

You actually waited 1.5 hrs for a starter!?!

I woulkd have asked for my money back and walked out after 40mins max!

Best Sunday Dinner is in Barlborough nr. Chesterfield. It's called De Rodes Arms. And it's fantastic. You can have it any day of the week and it's £3.50! There's a choice of Turkey, Gammon or Beef but you can have all three. It's self service, with loads of potato choices and lovely veg. Then yu can get mustard, cranberry sauce and gravy. The gravy is my favourite, it's really thick and meaty.

• 1 year later...
Best Sunday Dinner is in Barlborough nr. Chesterfield. It's called De Rodes Arms. And it's fantastic. You can have it any day of the week and it's £3.50! There's a choice of Turkey, Gammon or Beef but you can have all three. It's self service, with loads of potato choices and lovely veg. Then yu can get mustard, cranberry sauce and gravy. The gravy is my favourite, it's really thick and meaty.

£3.50 any day of the week? apart from on a sunday when its £6.50

Archived