Best pub for Sunday Lunch in and around Sheffield

John

Everything I have eaten at the Cricket has been over priced.

The Barrel at Breton, great food, great Sunday lunch. You do have to book though.

Agree with both these comments.

Bear at Alderwasley is the best Sunday lunch carvery within 25 miles of here. The only problem is its 25 miles away.

Must admit i still don't trust the crosspool tavern after the whole health inspection thing.For a cheap and cheerful carvery the moorlands at owlerbar does what it says on the tin,for an expensive but yummy one it has to be the hearty oak at dronfield woodhouse.

Ive been to the crosspool Tavern many times. The Carvery is excellent value I can recomend it to anyone. This Sunday I will be going to The George at Hathersage for Lunch I will be reporting on this page tomorrow.

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 19:38 ----------

Ive just been to The George Hotel at Hathersage for sunday dinner.The place is very nice and smart. Menu consists of 5 starters, 5 main courses and about 5 sweets. All extremely well cooked and beatifully served. the portions I thought were a bit on the small side with very few vegetables but all in all the meal was enjoyable if a little pricey. £20 for 2 courses £25 for 3 courses. coffee is extra.

Crosspool Tavern it ain't

Archived