Greedy City Centre bars charging an entrance fee

milton

went out last night with the wife.We started off on top of west street where there wasn't charging 3,4,5 quid to get in.Then as soon as we got round the corner were the walkabout is all the bars tried to charge you 3,4,5 quid to get in and we were very surprised to find out by a stroppy little girl on the door at embrace that there were charging 5 quid to get in bearing in mind what happened in there a few weeks ago not very good management.:huh:

Love the post, I'm guessing you got the same problem as most people over 29 or 30, in the sense that we could have a good noght out for less than £20 :) in our clubing days

Don't mind paying to get into a club, but to pay to get into the bars is a joke, hence I go local now.

Don't forget the young ones (I sound old) love nothing more than getting ripped off, and so the bar owners certainly are more than happy to cash in, and who can blame them?

I run the bedroom bar, and the only time i've charged is if we have bands, or a big name dj on.

Don't pay to get in any bars. they'll try and justify it by saying we're open til 2am, but then they'll shut at 1 when there's nobody left in.

We're open til 1am, so just stay with us.

Archived