Greedy City Centre bars charging an entrance fee

milton

I run the bedroom bar, and the only time i've charged is if we have bands, or a big name dj on.

Don't pay to get in any bars. they'll try and justify it by saying we're open til 2am, but then they'll shut at 1 when there's nobody left in.

We're open til 1am, so just stay with us.

The Bedroom Bar.. isit full of beds?

Full of Chavs? Yeah dead clever... You obviously haven't been in for a while, or probably never been in!

We're always busy, so we must be doing something right!

No Beds Anymore... Just great DJ's-Prices and Atmosphere!

Free Entry and probably the strictest dress code town end of West Street.

We Need Somethin' to keep the chavs out, Don't We.

All the bars down the road where walkabout is are late bars such as crystal, ruby lounge etc. These are open till 3 so course they are gonna charge u entry, embrace is not open much longer n ud pay at least a fiver to get in there....

All the bars down the road where walkabout is are late bars such as crystal, ruby lounge etc. These are open till 3 so course they are gonna charge u entry, embrace is not open much longer n ud pay at least a fiver to get in there....

But they are technically bars and not nightclubs!!

Why does opening till 3 mean that "course they are gonna charge u entry"? It's purely a money-maker designed to keep you in any particular bar. I just take my money elsewhere. Good luck to them!

Im 18 and I don't go to bars and clubs much because of this. Infact right now the only places I do go is Plug on a thursday because although its a fiver entry you can get 2-4-1 by textin a number, and its a quid a drink inside, and before i go to tequila because its two cocktails for a fiver, which is still a lot but it FEELS like you get a bargain :hihi:

It feels like im missing out when I dont go to these bars that charge, almost like somethings going on inside but often enough my friends go for ten minutes and come out going, "its cr*p, I cant believe I paid to go in, its almost empty!" Surely it wouldnt be empty if it was free?

Full of Chavs? Yeah dead clever... You obviously haven't been in for a while, or probably never been in!

We're always busy, so we must be doing something right!

No Beds Anymore... Just great DJ's-Prices and Atmosphere!

Free Entry and probably the strictest dress code town end of West Street.

We Need Somethin' to keep the chavs out, Don't We.

Strict dress code!!! As long as you have SHOES on your ok. I have been in quite a few times...The last 2 times i went in there was people wearing mac's in there, tracky tops & all your chav labels, Henry Lloyd, etc. Also fights are a regular thing in there once saw a brawl on the main dancefloor bit & the music had to be stopped..then the bouncers finally figured out what was wrong, Also a group of girls ending up scrapping the other week in there. Give you credit tho you do have possibly the most beautiful girl who works behind a bar in Sheffield in your bar. :love:

Which bars? Embrace is hardly a bar, Flares/Babylon is a club, Reflex is a club (albeit a small one), clubs have been charging to get in for a long time. Late bars like Ruby Lounge/Cellar 35 charge for entry because people who are out later have usually spent all night drinking, so they have to make up the money they're not making on drinks. If you don't like it either find a non-charging bar/club outside the city centre or go home at 1 or half 1 when the non-charging bars close. The places that charge seem to be popular enough that I doubt they'll miss your prescence.

Archived