Greedy City Centre bars charging an entrance fee

milton

The only bar I'd ever pay to get into is the Harley, cause they actually offer an interesting variety of nights out.

I've fallen for the paying to get into crystal before (whilst intoxicated) and never never again!

got to agree. but I think once one started charging, they all leapt on the bandwagon. i'm probably not in the demographic most of there places are trying to attract anyway :) for me to pay to get in somewhere it would have to have something different - guitar hero maybe :) certainly not a bar that's identical to the others round it and plays rubbish music through a pa turned up way beyond what the speakers can handle.

Strict dress code!!! As long as you have SHOES on your ok. I have been in quite a few times...The last 2 times i went in there was people wearing mac's in there, tracky tops & all your chav labels, Henry Lloyd, etc. Also fights are a regular thing in there once saw a brawl on the main dancefloor bit & the music had to be stopped..then the bouncers finally figured out what was wrong, Also a group of girls ending up scrapping the other week in there. Give you credit tho you do have possibly the most beautiful girl who works behind a bar in Sheffield in your bar. :love:

Sounds a bit dodgy this one. Have you got you got an issue with the Bedroom perhaps? Everytime I go in there it has plenty of well trained quick smiley staff, good value drinks and I can't imagine the door staff entertaining trouble making 'chavs' for one second.

Well said Pigbag. Granted, very occassionaly there may be minor incidents, but show me a very busy city centre bar that doesn't have trouble from time to time.

What we can say though is that incidents are dealt with quickly and fairly, and perpetrators are barred for at least six months afterwards.

I've been manager at the bedroom for the past 11 years, and know i run a very safe and responsible venue.

So Carlsheff can have his opinion, and spend his money elsewhere. As for the rest of you I hope to see you soon.

Back to the original post ITS FREE TO GET IN TOO!!!!!!

WEll said pal must b do in some thing right if you hav been there 11 years must b the longest servin manager on West street divsion street har cant b botherd to type all steet names the whole off town PS is DJ rob stiill there

No,

Rob Left about 2 years ago, I still see him from time to time, and hoping he'll do a guest spot at Christmas Time. Nobody did a cheesey set quite like Rob.

DJ's we've got now though are just as good, Jason (Fridays) takes the **** over the mic and plays chart dance and Old Skool stuff!

Kid Metcalfe - Saturdays - RnB Chart and Party.

Yeah I think I am the longest serving city centre manager...But I still love it!!!

I reckon I've got another 11 left in me!

I don't go into town much at all but when i have recently, i didn't pay to get into bars - Forum, The Old Bar and Common Rooms. Have they started charging now?

The only thing that has encouraged me to start going into town again is the arrival of Platillos and Sylvesters etc in Leopold Sq.

The Bedroom Bar - where is that then, as i've never even heard of it which is quite shocking if someone has been managing it for 11 years!!! I'm guessing West Street - did it used to be called something else?

Archived