Greedy City Centre bars charging an entrance fee

milton

I don't go into town much at all but when i have recently, i didn't pay to get into bars - Forum, The Old Bar and Common Rooms. Have they started charging now?

The only thing that has encouraged me to start going into town again is the arrival of Platillos and Sylvesters etc in Leopold Sq.

The Bedroom Bar - where is that then, as i've never even heard of it which is quite shocking if someone has been managing it for 11 years!!! I'm guessing West Street - did it used to be called something else?

Yes the Saddle

Strict dress code!!! As long as you have SHOES on your ok. I have been in quite a few times...The last 2 times i went in there was people wearing mac's in there, tracky tops & all your chav labels, Henry Lloyd, etc. Also fights are a regular thing in there once saw a brawl on the main dancefloor bit & the music had to be stopped..then the bouncers finally figured out what was wrong, Also a group of girls ending up scrapping the other week in there. Give you credit tho you do have possibly the most beautiful girl who works behind a bar in Sheffield in your bar. :love:

All the girls behind the bar in Bedroom are stunning!! Im biased cus Im one of em lol. xx

There's a girl that works there over Christmas thats stunning too lol!!! :hihi:

Theres no more trouble there than any other pub - my sisters friend had her check bone broken in Reflex - your "upmarket" bars like Crystal have plenty of scraps too

There's a girl that works there over Christmas thats stunning too lol!!! :hihi:

Theres no more trouble there than any other pub - my sisters friend had her check bone broken in Reflex - your "upmarket" bars like Crystal have plenty of scraps too

We should start our own thread on good looking bar staff! x

Love the post, I'm guessing you got the same problem as most people over 29 or 30, in the sense that we could have a good noght out for less than £20 :) in our clubing days

Don't mind paying to get into a club, but to pay to get into the bars is a joke, hence I go local now.

Don't forget the young ones (I sound old) love nothing more than getting ripped off, and so the bar owners certainly are more than happy to cash in, and who can blame them?

Watching Look North last night and they had a Sheffield Pub on the market for £0.01p. At Walkley pubs are closing because folk find it cheaper to drink at home. You have to think pubs trying to charge a fiver simply to get in are taking the Mickey. I am sure there are local pubs crying out for your support.

went out last night with the wife.We started off on top of west street where there wasn't charging 3,4,5 quid to get in.Then as soon as we got round the corner were the walkabout is all the bars tried to charge you 3,4,5 quid to get in and we were very surprised to find out by a stroppy little girl on the door at embrace that there were charging 5 quid to get in bearing in mind what happened in there a few weeks ago not very good management.:huh:

You should never pay to get into a bar/pub unless they are open til 2pm! It's arrogance on the part of the bar to think they could charge people just cause they come after a certain time, i.e 10pm!

As for Embrace well it's just Kingdom in disguise! Still Overpriced, Full of D**kheads, and Crap Music! Can't they turn it into a Cinema Again and show films at reduced prices!

Im 18 and I don't go to bars and clubs much because of this. Infact right now the only places I do go is Plug on a thursday because although its a fiver entry you can get 2-4-1 by textin a number, and its a quid a drink inside, and before i go to tequila because its two cocktails for a fiver, which is still a lot but it FEELS like you get a bargain :hihi:

It feels like im missing out when I dont go to these bars that charge, almost like somethings going on inside but often enough my friends go for ten minutes and come out going, "its cr*p, I cant believe I paid to go in, its almost empty!" Surely it wouldnt be empty if it was free?

A Fiver for 2 Cocktails is Good When most bars have them on a seperate menu for anything between £6-8 Each! and they've had that Deal on for Years! Remember going in the when it first opened and taking advantage of that deal with a mate just a couple of them gets you very woozy so it means you spend less later on in the night!

I love bedroom, its my fave bar in town, cant go in town wiv out goin there 4 a few!!! Musics good, drink r cheap (apple sourz a quid a shot, cant beat that!)

Ive always gone in, my mates never use to til i met them, suppose they thought it wa bit rough 2 but now cant get them out either!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived