United Vs Gunners replay- March 1st

Originally posted by brooksy

wheres bbbbbbbbbblades chat gone then, ohhhhhhhhhhh no, think warnocks tactictswhen slightly astray again, was it me or did arsenal have aside out that could have been attacked. bad call by the manager me thinks tatically wise, thought midfield was crap and t negative going forward. miised a good chance tonight bbbblllllaaaaddddeeees, aim for the play offs, you never no. up the blades.

You obviously watched a diff game. Four best chances of the game fell to United. Arse hit bar and ....... oh thats it.

Quite simply, we nullified their midfield, which had one of the worlds leading players in it just to remind you. To go with two up top and sacrifice a midfielder we would have been ripped to shreds as they would have passed their way through the middle. We stopped them doing that. Hit them on the break well. Tonge should have been shot for the chance he missed in the first min. And Harley should easily have added two more.

Their number 42 who came on as sub looked a superb player. One definately to watch.

Originally posted by Patchy

Well even by the BBC's reckoning the Blades beat Arsenal 2-1 at Highbury. Who was it who knocked the Owls out of the FA cup? Wasn't it Swindon in the very first round? Was it 4-1?

And the managed to get to the first round of that lower division van cup where they lost to ermm Chester (reserves).

I watched the game last night, and as a Wednesday fan, I though it was great to see a team play with such passion and determination, not just for 90 minutes, but for 30 minutes of extra time as well. I think the players should be proud of what they achieved - they matched Aresnal, with the only difference between them beig a couple of kicks at the end.

Wednesday could do with takeing a leaf out of the Blades' book and learn how to stay focused for a whole game.

I hope that the result gives the Blades and the fans the confidence in their push for promotion.

Not just a good result for United, but a good result for Sheffield Football.

I hope this bit of diplomacy isn't going to upset too many people. I know passions run deep where Owls and Blades are concerned, but if you can't look out for your neighbours every once in a while, what kind of world are we living in.

Sermon over!

Well thanks Basher a owls fan with some sense,it is about Sheffield not slagging off each others team,we got more crowd than you ha,ha,.If there are no owls fans that have anything decent to say about the best team in Yorkshire stop posting on our threads & go to your own weak thread.Geary was magnificent he kept Cole in his pocket for 2 hours & Chelsea are willing to pay £40 million.Geary was the man of the match for me,all the team did Sheffield Proud.But Mr Warnock a striker up front on his own for 2 hours Gray looked knackered,he ran all over the place to get the ball.In the 2nd period of extra time he should have put on Shaw or Kabba & go for the win,if a striker had got to Harley's header goal no doubt.Warnock wanted penaltys knowing that Kenny who I might add was fantastic,injured & could not dive to his right side look at all 4 Arsenal pens all in the same spot,they new Kenny had trouble with his hip.So we should push on for the playoffs.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by brooksy

wheres bbbbbbbbbblades chat gone then, ohhhhhhhhhhh no, think warnocks tactictswhen slightly astray again, was it me or did arsenal have aside out that could have been attacked. bad call by the manager me thinks tatically wise, thought midfield was crap and t negative going forward. miised a good chance tonight bbbblllllaaaaddddeeees, aim for the play offs, you never no. up the blades.

What do you mean where's Bladeschat gone (the superior thread that owls fans use more than their own piddly thing)? we are using this a a seperate thread for the replay like there was one for the original. Where was Wendesay chat after you lost to Bradford and when you c***ed up against mighty Brentford (Come on the Bees)?

on the topic of the tactics, I do think Warnock c***ed up big time, how can Cygan the premier leagues worst defender run 25-30 yards until someone tries to get a foot in? we had 5 in the middle that were not organised and how could gray try and derend from the front on his own?

Geary was my man of the match aswell it seemed however Tonge looked like he was hiding an injury, he could hardly walk when he left the field and he was the same against Rotherham.

Nice to hear from you wednesday fans again, you've all been pretty quiet recently.

Well done to The Blades, we're proud of you. Even though we lost on penalties, we showed steel and determination and defended really well. A few chances that we should have put away, but it just wasn't to be.

If we can defend like that against the premiership champions for 210 minutes (both games), whos squad cost millions to assemble with a couple of world cup winners, lets hope we can push harder for the play-offs.

Well done Blades.

Watched the game from extra time onwards, and not being much of a footie fan, I found it makes a difference when you can hear the ground.

I thought United did brilliantly well to keep the score level during extra time, and the United goalie (who he?) made a couple of very tidy saves indeed. (Not in the penalty shootout sadly where he was wrongfooted four times in a row.

Despite losing, they should be proud of themselves.

Funny how they always cut from the camera trained on Warnock every time his lips formed an "F" and his head went back...

Although you only watched the extra time it's nice to know a neutral can enjoy it. Kenny (our keeper) was wrong footed as he has a bad hip on his right side so I guess he was unsure of diving on it to further the injury, but he kept us in the game with some good saves.

Archived