Anyone from the Woodthorpe area?

dee40

Originally posted by courtneychar

i live on woodthorp on fishponds rd i love it on hear it did get bad with the kids on shops but its getting better my dad was born on hear (david underhay) and my hubby used to hang about on hear well on ten town

My family live on fishponds rd and my older sister use to hang around with rhona.:)

Originally posted by kirky

thats the ones.i met janine at the rex cinema while watching grease we had a whirlwind romance...lasted about 3 weeks i think:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: ah to be 14 again eh:blush:

The Rex Cinema........I can't be sure of how old I was at the time, but I was wearing my Prince of Wales check trousers (blue line) so that must date it. Around 14ish.

Anyway… I was doing a similar thing to you kirky. To impress my new girlfriend I took her to the Rex….all the way from Crookes on the 95 bus….they were showing Kelly’s Hero’s for about the 1000’ time…good choice of film to impress your new girlfriend (NOT). And trying to impress her even more I wouldn’t let her pay for anything. As we left the cinema Theresa noticed I had chewing gum stuck to my rear. I became completely baffled by her attitude…..she came across as if it was my fault I’d got the damned stuff stuck to my new trousers.

I soon got fed up with her….lesson learnt….as a male it’s always our fault no matter what it is.

The Rules:

Rule 1: The woman is always right.

Rule 2: When the women is wrong, refer to rule 1

:)

Originally posted by courtneychar

i live on woodthorp on fishponds rd i love it on hear it did get bad with the kids on shops but its getting better my dad was born on hear (david underhay) and my hubby used to hang about on hear well on ten town

you must have an uncle pete then (fatty) good mate of mine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dee40

I went to Woodthorpe School from 1945-1949.

I think a Miss Burley was the Head of the Infants school then and there was definitely a Miss Vaughn. I remember Miss Vaughn well as when I was 6 years old I was in love with her and had plans to marry her when I grew up.

There was a Trevor Bullivant in our class and I think a boy called Gordon Mole [or Maw?]. That's all I can remember now . Going back a bit ! I remember a few kids from Audrey Road , though. We lived on there , near the junction with Lathkill Rd.

Archived