Anyone from the Woodthorpe area?

dee40

Hi sallyanne I am so sorry to hear about Johnny,he was a nice lad.Like I said I have not seen our Mark in over 5 yrs,living in Barnsley I do not get to see most of my family.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Ian or Dave. I remember you quite well because you 2 were always much better at footy than us young-uns when we were kicking about on the circle. It seemed as big as a football pitch at the time. Do you remember the great bike "ramp" about half way down the street next to the lamp post that everyone used to fly off on their Choppers? I remember a lot of scuffed knees & elbows.

Last I heard Dave was teaching but don't know about Ian. We lived at no.22and I had a brother + 3 sisters. I've got nice memories of living there althought I was quite young then.

All the best, Pete

I lived on Fishponds Road West number 63, when I was about 11 or 12....left in 1954 ish...I went to Woodthorpe School.

I was Joan Robinson. and names I remember are Barbara McGowan, Sandra Holland, Ruth Robinson, Harry Popplewell, Harold Whitehead.....:)

• 7 months later...

Archived