What's the worst place you have been on holiday abroad

Bulgaria .. namely Borovets.

Its seedy - Has 3 strip clubs in a Ski resort??

Dirty - The roads are caped in mud and horse crap

Feels like stepping back in time - The hotels are like soviet blocks of flats, I suspect some where.

The food is awful - Served tepid and nasty and to top it off I got food poisoning.

Oh and lastly, its full of mafia types. I’ve never seen so many suited guys standing around looking shifty in my life.

Torviscas (Las Americas) Tenerife ... Prostitutes, methadone bottles in the gutter, a beach made entirely out of cigarette ends, gangs of 15yr olds wondering around drunk, ghastly food, enough said?

Playa Del Ingles has one of those problems too. Hookers everywhere once the sun goes down. You can’t walk down the street without being hassled by them.

Its horses for courses. Menorca, Malta and Palma Nova have all been slated, I have loved them all in the past ( when we had kids in tow), this year we are going to Madeira which many no doubt would hate.

The only one I really hated was my first holiday abroad, Tenerife, Time share touts everywhere and aggressive with it ,that was in the late 70`s / early 80`s it may have changed but my wife will not touch any of the Canaries because of that first holiday.

Edit

After reading the post above it hasn’t changed .

:(

France.

Crappy student digs, pee'd it down every day, the only plus side was cheap beer every night (Stella Artois cos it was the only French beer anyone could pronounce the name of)

Stella Artois cheap :o , or for that matter is anything cheap in France it Wasn’t when they had the Franc anyway, a very dear holiday even though we were camping.

Its horses for courses. Menorca, Malta and Palma Nova have all been slated, I have loved them all in the past ( when we had kids in tow), this year we are going to Madeira which many no doubt would hate.

The only one I really hated was my first holiday abroad, Tenerife, Time share touts everywhere and aggressive with it ,that was in the late 70`s / early 80`s it may have changed but my wife will not touch any of the Canaries because of that first holiday.

Edit

After reading the post above it hasn’t changed .

:(

I loved Madeira :) hated palma Nova, because of the ****e hotel and all the drunks pukking up everywhere.

that bad eh i was thinking of going to sunny beach next year as well:)

People have different ideas we love Sunny beach and are going for our fourth holiday there this summer.

Its not a site seeing holiday if you want that go elsewhere but has a fantastic beach and loads of bars, restaurants which are very cheap.

You can visit Istanbul from here as well which is different:)

The worst holiday I ever had was Majorca cant remember name of place we stayed but it rained most of the time the people were horrid and everything was vastly overpriced would never set foot there ever again:gag:

Archived