What's the worst place you have been on holiday abroad

North Africa, Tunisia and Morroco are worst places I've been due to the hassle from the locals which was quite unbearable.

Fuertaventura is the most boring place I've been as it was just a desert island full of naked Germans and nothing to do whatsoever so we had to take the ferry to Lanzarote a few times.

I once went to a place called Almerimar in Spain which was so bad it was good in a half built hotel in a partially constructed and then abandoned ruin of a resort.

worst place for me was Playa de las Americas Tenerife....hell on earth for me.

No culture, anything Spanish, all english food under a £5, too many Brits in football shirts and British pubs...never again!!

No culture, anything Spanish, all english food under a £5, too many Brits in football shirts and British pubs...never again!!

This sounds very much like Salou, apart from the cheap food bit!

if you want to dodge the english try skeggy , full of polish , strange though ,the local lap dance club say they are short of pole dancers . ::huh:

theres plenty of poles in skeggy .:hihi:

The worst holiday I ever had was near Bergerac, which the website advertised as the heart of the Dordogne. We'd rented a house for 2 weeks. When we arrived we found that the owners (who were living in Dubai) had decided to spare the expense of a cleaner and left it to the previous tenants (a mixed group of young people) to clean before they left. I spent 2 heartbreaking days scrubbing s...t from all corners of the bathroom, washing floors, cleaning the fridge etc etc.

Finally relaxing in the garden, we heard a tremendous babble of voices and music belting out from over the hedge. We discovered that there was a gathering of gypsies on the plot of land next door, who had arrived for the grape harvest. OH was very brave and visited them, running the gauntlet of small dogs, amazed young women and some very large men. They were kind enough to turn the music down that time, but it didn't last. They were out in the lane every night playing petanque by streetlight, fights broke out and the kids screamed all day every day.

We emailed the owners on our return, but never heard from them again.

WE love Palmanova.:love:

Our worst holiday was earlier in the year to Agidir in Morocco. Lovely hotel but the place is a DUMP.

innit funny how so of us love a place and some of us hate it so much :D:D Palma Nova, was the crappest place on planet earth in my opinion, just shinno:gag: Skegness beats the hell out of it, so you can tell how nice it was. Drunk Brits all wearing Football shirts, totally trollied off their heads, talking ****e. Blackpool has more class, no wonder the Brits aren't welcome in a lot of places, made me feel so ashamed:(

Guest teebee

hated playa de las americas when i went spent the whole holiday wishing i could go home, going to sunny beach (again)in bulgaria in august last time we went my hubby was mugged, the only other place i have been and can honestly say i would never go to again is los angeles, with the exception of santa monica, i couldnt see what all the fuss was about.

alcudia is one place i would go to again though had a lovely relaxing holiday there.

Archived