Badminton Equipment

Let's talk about pieces of equipment. No, I don't mean Eddie's crotch! I mean racquets and stuff that we use to play this wonderful game.

I use a special kind of racquet which combines the 'grip' of a handle with the 'bounciness' of the stringed bit at the end. It's very high-tech. My particular model has a thin shaft which joins these two NASA designed peices of aparatus. This reduces the likihood of the stringed bit flying away mid-smash.

I use plastic shuttles, because I am allergic Goose feathers, which as any good pub-quiz teams knows, is what the feathers of real shuttlecocks are made out of.

Did you know that Goose feather shuttles are either made from the left or right wings? :cool:

I have been told that the left wing shuttle is faster then the right wing but wouldn't that mean that the Goose would always fly in circles? :suspect::loopy:

Yeah apparently it's named after the county seat of the duke of Beaufort in Gloucestershire.

The official world smash speed record is 332 km/h (206 mph), set by men's doubles player Fu Haifeng of China, on June 3, 2005 in the Sudirman Cup. In the singles competition, the fastest smash recorded is 305 km/h (189 mph) by Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

That sounds like a challenge.

Maybe this thread should be changed to 'badminton trivia'.

Badminton actually pre-dates history. FACT.

Some Badmintologists believe it was some form of ethereal semi-sentient being that wandered the cosmos in search of some symbiotic lovin'. After being rejected by many lifeforms it eventually found us 'up for it' humans and the rest is history.

This theory is still debated on courts all over the world.

Archived