Looking for a quality City Centre pub lunch,e.g a carvery for £5/£6 ???

Hi Gerald, can confirm it's called Cafe Nova on Surrey St. The menu is Italian I suppose. Pasta, pizza,salads, Just looked it up online Lunch 2 courses £5.95 (extra £1 for a glass of wine), Pre theatre 2 courses £9.30 from 4.30 to 7.30 pm Mon to Sat, think there's another branch at Meadowhall but not tried that.

Online info says it is part of Mazzarellas though I don't knowwhether it was run by them last time I went for lunch. Let me know how you get on if you decideto go, this is a subject close to my heart!!

The Roebuck used to do a Carvery, not sure if it still does. Was damn nice as well

Imagine - we are out and about in City Center and want a good old fashion meat and 2 veg, no time to catch buses to go out of town then back again

This seems to be what we are looking for,

Roebuck Tavern, 72 Charles Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2NB

Providing the menu is good, - can anyone provide any feedback

I'm ashamed to say I haven't been back for ages, but I once had Sunday lunch in Olive on Division Street and was genuinely impressed. It's not a carvery, just a good quality roast.

Just looked this up : trendy watering hole cum cocktail bar serving tapas and pizza during the day with an evening restaurant upstairs.

Not realy bwhat we want

Just looked this up : trendy watering hole cum cocktail bar serving tapas and pizza during the day with an evening restaurant upstairs.

Not realy bwhat we want

Have a change and go to Leeds and try Whitelocks. It's bang in the city centre and is a relic of a Victorian pub serving traditional Sunday roasts of decent quality at cheap prices.

Have a change and go to Leeds and try Whitelocks. It's bang in the city centre and is a relic of a Victorian pub serving traditional Sunday roasts of decent quality at cheap prices.

Except you need to be there at opening time just to get a seat! It's not the biggest pub you've ever been in.......

The Roebuck used to do a Carvery, not sure if it still does. Was damn nice as well

Yes it does, home cooked at around £6 or £7 for extra large, and it is large. I should know my other half cooks it.

They also have an extensive home cooked range of food on offer.

Only does carvery on Sunday though, although I think this is the norm.:)

thers a new pub opened near high green called taybarns.

its like american dining.. sort of.

ther is a carvery section..which has quickly become popular.

its 5.95 all you can eat.. and free re fills on soft drinks.

its real good for price.. and for family.

thers a new pub opened near high green called taybarns.

its like american dining.. sort of.

ther is a carvery section..which has quickly become popular.

its 5.95 all you can eat.. and free re fills on soft drinks.

its real good for price.. and for family.

Thanks for this sound ok for a visit, do you have an address and phone number

Archived