The Hadfield Pub, Barber Road: is it closed?

pigbag

I used to work across the road from the Hadfield. It used to be open all day but I noticed a few weeks ago that there are signs in the windows saying that they don't open till late afternoon (IIRC 4pm) but open all day at the weekends.

With there being no students around it probably makes sense to close during the day. I'd be very surprised if it was closed as, like you say, it's a thriving, busy pub.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Be careful going in the Hadfield large signs outside saying Carling & John smiths £1.99 all dat everyday. A con you need a discount card to get drinks at these prices problem no one knows how you get the card.

Think you will actually find this is NOT a con, I am the Manager at The Hadfield, and it is infact £1.99 for Carling & John Smiths Mon-Fri 11am-7pm, no card required... You will also see other permanent special offers such as; Double Smirnoff & mixers for only £2.50, and bottles of Carlsberg for only £1.50 or 2-4-£2.50.

There is also real ales on the bar, such as Kelham Island's Easy Rider, and Whychwood's Hobgoblin and Weston's Old Rosie Scrumpy Cider.... plenty of bottles/lagers/draughts/soft drinks to choose from, as well as hot food served to late (try the pies).

Any questions, gladly message me anytime.

Craig.

Archived