Speed Dating - Ongoing Events

Personally I am getting a bit disheartened with speed dating. I'm a confident person, who I like to think doesn't have any problem coming across ok. Generalyl funny, maybe a bit quiet. However, I have had a resounding lack of success at these events. Bit of a blow for the self confidence I can tell ya! Its all too superficial I think. It is fun for the night, but I can never understand how I can have really interesting conversations with many people and then have no one "tick" me afterwards! My housemate (girl) gets loads everytime. A big aaah for me please.

I went to one at Tiger Tiger in Leeds - wasn't actually there as a punter was just doing the promotion work for it

Anyhow it was more of a 'singles' get together and about 300 people turned up - speed dating was one of the activities

I'd say about 90% of the people were under 30 and there must have been about 200 women and about 100 men - was a good night - they should do something like that in sheffield rather than what i can imagine being a very 'formulated' and surreal(?) night out

Ahh, sorry to hear that Tim. You're obvisouly just not meeting the right women. Think the fear of rejection would put me off a bit. Don't you think it's an expensive way to meet people?

At the union they charge £3, but everywhere else is around £20 - which seems like a big money spinner for the agencies to me....?

You're right of course, I suppose you've gotta consider that I haven't ticked many people either!

Like you say its an expensive way of meeting people. Better off just getting out more i reckon! THen its free.

Originally posted by BruciesBabe

Heres an idea..

Why don't we organise a singles nite?

All those single people who fancy a laugh, chat, etc nominate a nite and a venue and all meet up?

Don't have to pay anything and we can chat to who we want..

What do you reckon?

Brucie - I cannot believe you are STILL single!! Fellas - get working on this gal, shes a catch and half!

Archived