Speed Dating - Ongoing Events

Originally posted by TracieJC

Hey that was the night that Hels and I sort of organised (well, I said I would organise it, then let Hels sort it all out :o:P) Anyway - I went to that! And I was single! A few of us were.

that was my first meet tracie....didnt seem like a singles fingy to me. anyways im nervous enough without putting myself out there as single!.... not like my confidence is high enough to even consider something like that. i think retiring to my cave for a quite life might be ahead.

Originally posted by MTheo

that was my first meet tracie....didnt seem like a singles fingy to me. anyways im nervous enough without putting myself out there as single!.... not like my confidence is high enough to even consider something like that. i think retiring to my cave for a quite life might be ahead.

Totally agree. Put me in a bar and I'll happily chat away to anyone. Call it a "singles event" and I'll probably go and hide in a corner until its all over!

Originally posted by MTheo

that was my first meet tracie....didnt seem like a singles fingy to me. anyways im nervous enough without putting myself out there as single!

I seem to remember a couple of people said that at the time, and I guess that's kind of why it ended up as a normal meet rather than something just for singles. Just goes to prove though that the best way to meet someone is to just be yourself and not go out with the specific aim of meeting someone :)

Originally posted by SilentStatic

Does that mean you were single before the night, then all found someone in the pub?

*shrugs* I might have :P:D

Actually I really struggled with that sentence - the event itself is in the past, obviously, but use of the past tense 'were' also suggests that all the single people who attended are no longer single... :confused::P

Bad grammer day!

*goes to lie down for a while* :D

Originally posted by TracieJC

goes to prove though that the best way to meet someone is to just be yourself

thats dun me no favours either lol. ah well

might bung myself on ebay....free to pick up locally :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dandelion

I've also wanted to try speed dating but i always chicken out.

It just looks so harsh! :gag:

yeah...you can laugh off gettin `no ticks' ......until you think about it more. haha. well thats what i'd be like.

Archived